Jeremy E. Burstein is an associate and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is based in the firm’s Detroit office, where he is a member of the Transactions Practice. Jeremy assists corporate clients in a variety of industries through all phases of M&A deals and negotiations.
Prior to joining Foley, Jeremy represented private equity clients in a variety of M&A deals (with deal values ranging from approximately $12 million to $11 billion) and general corporate advisory matters at a law firm recognized for its corporate, intellectual property, litigation, M&A, private equity and restructuring work. Jeremy is highly experienced in preparing and negotiating various deal documents, including merger agreements, equity and asset purchase agreements, disclosure schedules and other ancillary transaction agreements.
Additionally, Jeremy earned the opportunity to intern for the Honorable Justice Brian K. Zahra at the Michigan Supreme Court, where he researched issues and wrote memoranda summarizing cases.
Jeremy has skillfully represented private equity clients in a variety of M&A deals, including the select matters listed below:
- Represented Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of U.S. Zinc
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners, CoVant Management and LGS Innovations in the $750,000,000 sale of LGS Innovations to CACI International Inc.
- Represented Hilco Trading, LLC in its sale of a minority interest to La Caisse de dépôt du Québec (CDPQ)
- Represented Redwood Capital Investments, LLC in its acquisition of the Houston distribution business of Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P.
- Represented a portfolio company of Olympus Partners in various asset acquisitions in the manufacturing industry
- Represented Thoma Bravo in its acquisition of Cority, a trusted provider of environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) software
- Represented MultiPlan, Inc., a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman, in its $11 billion combination with Churchill Capital Corp III
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Dean's Scholarship (merit-based)
- Student attorney, Michigan Law Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Fund associate & student attorney, University of Michigan, Ross Social Venture Fund
- Contributing editor, Michigan Journal of Environmental & Administrative Law
- Michigan State University (B.A., 2014)
- Political science - prelaw
- Dean's List