Krista Cabrera is partner and a litigation attorney at Foley & Lardner LLP where she focuses her practice on employment litigation, counseling, and training. As part of her litigation practice, she represents employers in discrimination, trade secret, wrongful termination, harassment, class action wage and hour matters, and other types of employment-related matters. She is a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice.
Krista also provides counseling services, focused on drafting agreements, litigation avoidance, and the review and preparation of various employment related policies and procedures. She also trains managers and human resources (HR) professionals regarding harassment, discrimination and retaliation avoidance.
- Member, San Diego Lawyers Club
- Former Member, National Human Resources Association, Programs Committee for the San Diego chapter
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Former Barrister, Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court
Member, San Diego Bar Association, Labor Law Section
Krista has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Litigation - Labor and Employment (2022).
Krista was selected in San Diego Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar” (2014). In 2011 and 2012, she was also selected as a San Diego Top Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Member, Order of Coif
- Comments Editor, San Diego Law Review
- California State University, Chico (B.A.)
- Co-author, "Navigating Return Of Calif. COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Leave," Law 360 March 7, 2022)
- Quoted, "Do's & Don'ts For Policing Workers' Off-Duty Social Media Use," Law 360 (November 25, 2020)
- Co-author, "Whatever the Court Decides It Won’t End the Debate Over Class Action vs. Individual Arbitration," Talent Management and HR (November 21, 2018)
- Quoted, "Working Out Your Final Notice – Ask #HR Bartender," HR Bartender (August 23, 2015)
- Author of regular column, "Legal Consult," EMS Insider (2013-2016)
- Co-author, "Employers, Get to Know the New Religious Accommodation Rules," Los Angeles Daily Journal (February 6, 2013)
- Assisted with research, drafts, and preparation of "Litigating Wage and Hour Cases: Defendants' Perspective," Wage and Hour Law and Litigation (Continuing Education of the Bar)
- Co-author, "Two Conflicting Visions for Fixing Employment Law," Los Angeles Daily Journal (December 8, 2006)
- Co-author, "Claims by Illegal Immigrants," Los Angeles Daily Journal (December 7, 2006)
- Co-author, "Court Holds California Employers Cannot 'Average' Wages to Determine Minimum Wage and Instructs on The Proper Method for Determining California's Minimum Wage Law," SDEA Newsletter (February 2006)
- Co-author of regular column, "Order," San Diego Lawyer Magazine
- Speaker, "Women, Diversity & Change," The Women in Law Summit Series, October 23, 2019
- Speaker, "Reasonable Accommodation and ADA," University of San Diego School of Law, November 8, 2017
- Speaker, "OC Roundtable: Combating The Rise Of California Disability Discrimination Lawsuits," Association of Corporate Counsel, March 22, 2016
- Speaker, "Workplace Investigations in Employment Litigation,” San Diego County Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, May 22, 2013
- Speaker, "Meal & Rest Periods, and Other Hot Employment Law Topics," California Ambulance Association, September 2012
- Speaker, "ADA Mysteries Solved: A Practical Guide to Reasonable Accommodation & the Interactive Process," EEOC San Diego Seminar, July 2011
- Speaker, "Employees on the Internet: Legal and Practical Concerns," San Diego State University, Continuing Education, April 2008
- Speaker, "Employees and the Internet," East County Personnel Association, February 2007
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance Training, ongoing since Fall 2005