Robert Sarfatis is a partner and a former vice chair of the Business Law Department with Foley & Lardner LLP. He works extensively with public and privately held clients in the highly capital-intensive energy sector. He represents buyers, sellers, investors, joint ventures and other entities in sophisticated venture capital investment transactions, contract negotiations, securities and general business matters.
Robert serves as outside general counsel for clients across a wide range of industries, including midstream natural gas, oilfield services, construction, marketing, retail and credit card processing. He is known for his strong business sense and has earned a reputation for efficiency and practicality.
As a securities lawyer, Robert has cover-to-cover experience. He has handled IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, follow-on offerings and tender offers. He also assists clients with SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, as well as counsels and advises boards of directors and board committees on corporate governance issues, including SOX compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and executive compensation requirements.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Represented Enerven Services, LLC, Enerven Compression Services, LLC and Worldwide Energy Solutions Co., LLC in the sale of all of their natural gas compression assets to J-W Power Company
- Represented a subsidiary of Southcross Energy Partners, LP in its acquisition of natural gas pipelines near Corpus Christi, Texas
- Represented Southcross Energy Partners, LP, in its acquisition of TexStar's rich gas system
- Represented Dallas-based Enerven Compression Services, LLC in its sale of natural gas compression and dehydration assets to Crestwood Marcellus Midstream LLC
- Represented a Dallas-based midstream natural gas company in a contract dispute with a natural gas processing company
- Represented a leading West Texas-based manufacturer, designer, and fabricator of natural gas-treating plants that remove CO2 and H2S, in its sale to a subsidiary of a Houston pipeline transportation and energy storage company
- Represented an El Paso-based, global communication business in its sale of its cross-border telecommunications subsidiary
- Represented a Dallas-based midstream energy master limited partnership in a strategic merger
- Represented a Dallas-headquartered midstream oil field services company in a joint venture
- Member, Executive Committee, Dallas United Crew
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2008 – 2021)
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions (2009 – 2021)
- Recognized, Who's Who in Energy, Dallas Business Journal (2014 – 2015)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2006)
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions (2005)
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 1992)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., 1989)