Jason P. Sharp is an experienced business and employment law attorney whose talent and character are demonstrated by his strong track record of successful client advocacy and military service. He is particularly knowledgeable and experienced in commercial litigation involving trade secrets, breach of contract, non-compete disputes, employment law, products liability, and insurance coverage. He has also handled appeals before the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and Texas state appellate courts.
Jason served with distinction in the U.S. Air Force and was awarded the Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service for mitigating a potentially life-threatening risk. He brings that same focus and strategic tenacity to each new case, always seeking to serve clients ethically and efficiently.
- Managed nationwide insurance tender/claims program, including investigation of claims, risk evaluations, contractual and indemnification analyses, coverage determinations, and related litigation.
- Defended construction companies in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Fair Labor Standards Act investigations.
- Represented Elastomer manufacturer in contractual lawsuit involving downhole tools used in hydraulic fracturing in Southern District of Texas federal court. Prevailed at trial with a plaintiff take-nothing judgment.
- Represented electrical contracting company in insurance coverage matter involving San Diego County wildfires.
- Represented insurer in insurance coverage matter involving Devil’s Tower oil platform located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented manufacturer of specialty automotive products in products liability lawsuit. Prevailed on summary judgment; non-suited.
- Represented manufacturer of gas absorption refrigerators in products liability lawsuits in a series of state and federal lawsuits. Settled on favorable terms.
- Obtained reversal of summary judgment in Age Discrimination Employment Act case. Settled.
- Represented construction client in contractual indemnity dispute. Prevailed on summary judgment; settled on favorable terms.
- Represented insurers in policy premium and first-party commercial property dispute. Prevailed on summary judgment.
- Represented restaurant chain in employment matter. Settled on favorable terms prior to litigation.
- Represented energy services company in employment matter. Settled on favorable terms prior to litigation.
- Represented energy services company in the Deepwater Horizon lawsuit as a member of the trial team for Phase II of the case in the Eastern District of Louisiana federal court. Drafted memoranda, motions, briefs, and pleadings, etc.
- Represented energy company in trade secret, covenant not to compete, and business tort lawsuit involving downhole cleaning tools. Prevailed on preliminary injunction; obtained partial summary judgment on trade secrets and covenant not to compete.
- Represented construction services provider in trade secret misappropriation lawsuit in the Middle District of Florida. Settled on favorable terms.
- Represented energy service company in contractual lawsuit involving downhole tools used in hydraulic fracturing in Texas state court. Obtained injunctive relief; settled on favorable terms.
- Represented energy services company in contract dispute with owner of refinery. Obtained summary judgment and case settled on favorable terms
Awards and Recognition
- Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Litigation (2013-2014)
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine (2015)
- “Top 50 Attorneys of 2019,” Redwood Media’s Top 100 Magazine
- U.S. Air Force Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service
- Member, State Bar of Texas (2003-present)
- Member, Marine Technology Society (2015-present)
- Member, The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program (2006-2016)