For more than 25 years, Jeff Steele has provided cost-effective, corporate transactional counsel for venture capital-backed technology companies and the investors who fund them.
A partner at Foley & Lardner LLP, Jeff is based in the Salt Lake City office where he is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice Group. He represents emerging growth technology companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions; venture capital and angel financings; commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships and other collaborative arrangements and licensing; company formation; and general corporate counseling. Jeff also regularly represents venture capital funds and angel groups in their portfolio investments.
Prior to joining Foley, Jeff was a partner in the Salt Lake City office of a well-established regional law firm. Prior to that, he practiced in the Boston, Massachusetts, area as a partner in a boutique law firm that represented emerging growth technology companies and venture capital funds.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law (2024)
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2023-2024)
- Utah Business Magazine’s Utah Legal Elite – Mergers and Acquisitions (2018, 2020-2021)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2005)
- Utah State Bar
- Massachusetts State Bar
- Frequent mentor/judge for business plan competitions
- Regularly serves as a speaker, presenter, teacher, and/or panelist for a range of organizations
- University of Utah
- MIT Enterprise Forum
- Boston University
- Harvard University
- Brown University
- The Massachusetts Software Council
- The American Bar Association
- MIT $100K Business Plan Competition