2017 was a year for the record books at the Patent Trials and Appeal Board (PTAB), which has included newly created standard operating procedures from the PTAB, a landmark en banc ruling from the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and a series of informative decisions from PTAB impacting multiple proceedings against the same patent.
Please join Foley attorneys, George Beck, Andrew Cheslock, and Steve Maebius, as they discuss the year’s major developments and how they may impact practice before the PTAB going forward.
Specific topics will include:
- 2017 Trends and Statistics
- SCOTUS on IPRs – including SAS Institute Inc. v. Joseph Matal and Oil States Energy Services LLC v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC
- PTAB Amendment Process – via Aqua Products v. Matal
- Trends in Pharmaceutical IPRs Filed by Generic Petitioners
- PTAB Grants Rare Request for Additional Discovery in Mylan v. Allergan IPR
- Sovereign Immunity
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. New York licensed attorneys admitted two years or less are not eligible to earn CLE credit through nontraditional formats. This program is appropriate for experienced New York attorneys only. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately 8 weeks after the web conference via email.