Steven Vazquez is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP based in the Tampa office, and a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices. He is also chair of the firm’s national Business Law Department. Steven's practice is concentrated in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He has worked with multiple private equity groups to manage aspects of transactions in regards to both buying and selling. Additionally, Steven has particular experience in the technology, healthcare, and healthcare information technology sectors.
Steven has represented issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and follow-on offerings and public companies in the areas of corporate governance and securities compliance. He also has represented public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions, including advising boards of directors and special committees of independent directors on corporate governance matters, change in control issues, and anti-takeover strategies.
Steven is a former member of the firm's Management Committee.
- Represented ComVest Investment Partners in its acquisition of publicly held NationsHealth, Inc., in a going private transaction.
- Represented Blackstreet Capital in its acquisition of VanDyke Restorers.
- Represented Blackstreet portfolio company Western Capital Resources in the disposition of one of its divisions.
- Represented Palm Beach Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of Unitrans.
- Represented Palm Beach Capital Partners in its investment in Interstate Transport, Inc., one of the fastest growing logistics providers in the United States.
- Represented the Special Committee of Select Medical, a publicly held long-term acute care provider, in its $2.3 billion leveraged buyout transaction.
- Represented several leading managed care insurance companies in sales and acquisitions transactions ranging in value from for $1.2 billion to $250 million.
- Represented MedHOK in its $77.5 million growth equity investment from Bain Capital Ventures and Spectrum Equity.
- Represented MDLIVE in its $23 million growth equity investment led by Heritage Group and its $50 million growth equity investment from Bedford Capital.
- Represented a dental practice management company in its sale of a majority interest to a competitive local exchange carrier in a private equity firm.
- Represented MD Now Medical Centers, a leading provider of urgent care medical services, in its growth equity investment from Brockway Moran & Partners.
- Represented a physician group in its $40 million sale of a majority interest to a private equity firm.
- Represented a telecom company its $600 million sale.
- Represented an information technology company in its $300 million acquisition of a banking software company.
- Represented a leading global supplier of automotive systems in a $450 million public note offering and $250 million cash tender offer.
- Represented a nationally based REIT in a $1.2 billion public offering.
- Represented publicly held Sykes Enterprises and FARO Technologies in several public offerings and strategic acquisitions.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2007-2022)
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2007-2022)
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2013-2022)
- Corporate Governance Law (2014-2022)
- Venture Capital Law (2016-2022)
- Named the Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Tampa in the fields of:
- Corporate Governance Law (2022)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (2021)
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2020)
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2017)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2017 Florida Super Lawyers® list for his work in Real Estate
- Named in Florida Trend magazine's Florida Legal Elite™ in the area of corporate law
- Ranked as one of the top corporate, mergers and acquisitions and private equity attorneys in Florida by Chambers USA (2008-2021)
Steven graduated with honors from the University of Florida College of Law, where he was elected to Order of the Coif, and was an editor of the Florida Law Review and Florida Tax Review. He received his bachelor's degree in finance from Florida State University.