Make plans to join us for our complimentary Labor and Employment Summit, where we can help you "get up to speed" with the latest labor and employment law developments of 2012.
Our first annual summit is an educational program geared to labor and employment professionals.
Steve Edwards, WBEZ Host of The Afternoon Shift with Steve Edwards, a daily conversation about news, culture, and ideas airing from 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. weekdays on WBEZ 91.5 FM. Steve will be providing some interesting insight on the political climate and upcoming election.
Topics to be covered during the summit include:
- 2012 Employment Developments Year in Review
- Effectively Trying an Employment Suit From a Judge's Perspective
- Why We Love Employment Law — Bizarre Employment Law Cases
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and How It Affects Your Company's Policies
- Social Media Policy — A Panel Discussion Including the NLRB •How to Protect Your Trade Secrets and Confidential Information — Recent Developments With Restrictive Covenants
- Five Things You Don't Know About the FMLA
Please join us at the InterContinental Chicago, located on Chicago's iconic Magnificent Mile.
Guests will be responsible for the cost of their own transportation and lodging. Foley has secured a special room rate at the InterContinental Chicago. To arrange for lodging at the special rate, please contact the InterContinental Chicago at 800.628.2112 and inform them you are attending the Foley Labor & Employment Summit. Please use the code: FOLEYLABOR. Hotel reservations must be made by October 8, 2012.
We also will be hosting a networking dinner on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Central at the Paris Club Chicago. Please indicate your interest in attending the dinner when registering.
For additional information, please contact Kristen LaBuda at klabuda foley.com or 312.832.4725.
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 5.5 General credits. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must be in attendance on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.