Senior Counsel Lena Robins will be speaking at the Financial Research Associates (FRA) 2nd Annual-Conference Medicare Compliance Challenges Conference, November 29 - 30, 2007 in Alexandria, VA.
Ms. Robins will be presenting on Friday, November 30, 2007 from 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m and from 3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Her sessions are titled "Detection, Evaluation Review, and Action Plans" and "OIG Fiscal Year 2008 Work Plan: Understand the Changes and Minimize Your Workload!"
Ms. Robins' morning session will cover the following topics:
- Identifying compliance problems
- Employee hotline
- Customer complaints
- Baseline audits
- Reports to compliance officer
- Evaluating problems and establishing process to document and track reported complaints
- Providing meaningful procedures for a timely hearing and resolving grievances between enrollees and plan, tracking system, call centers, logging all complaints
- Righting the wrong: Taking corrective action
- Written policy and procedures
- Employee disciplinary action
- Employee education and training
- Government disclosure
Ms. Robins'' afternoon session will cover the following topics:
- What are the major changes between the Fiscal Years 2006, 2007, and 2008?
- In which areas do you have to prioritize your efforts?
- Issues to be aware of