Partner Janice Anderson spoke at the American Health Lawyers Association's (AHLA) Physicians & Physician Organizations Law Institute, February 13 - 14, 2008 in Orlando, Florida.
Ms. Anderson spoke on February 14, 2008 from 1:50 - 2:50 p.m. Her session was titled "Emerging Enforcement of Quality of Care and Compliance Solutions." Topics included:
- CMS’ new focus linking payment to quality of care
- The Physician Quality Reporting Initiative
- Recent trends of enforcement actions against healthcare providers
- Impact of data mining, reporting obligations, pay for performance and CMS quality of care initiatives
- Recently issued OIG/AHLA Guidance for Boards of Directors on Quality of Care
- Recommendations regarding integration of quality with compliance and financial performance