Foley's Health Care Industry Team invites you to participate in the Clinical Research Breakfast Briefing Series, designed to keep you up to date on emerging topics in clinical research today. Session two is titled: Increasing Industry Sponsored Clinical Trials.
Pharmaceutical, medical device, and bio-technology companies spent $25.6 billion on clinical trials in the United States in 2006. This level of investment is projected to rise to $32.1 billion by 2011. Ensuring a steady flow of high quality and high compensating industry-sponsored clinical trials is of utmost importance to sustain and grow a clinical research program. To meet this challenge, investigators and institutions are required to develop internal capacity or to outsource marketing and business development functions in order to secure premium clinical trial opportunities.
This presentation will focus on identifying and enhancing those aspects of a clinical trial program that will make a research program attractive to industry sponsors, distinguishing the various service offerings and engaging outsource marketing and business development support services, and structuring these arrangements in a compliant manner.
- Gregg S. Britt is President and CEO of Innovis, LLC, a clinical research strategic consulting firm that specializes in advising pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology companies on clinical trials programs and critical path-to-market planning and execution. Innovis also works with large health systems, hospitals, and medical groups to design, implement, and support the operation of effective clinical trial programs.
- Wallis Blum is the Director of Project Management for Innovis, LLC and has over 18 years experience in the clinical research industry, serving in a variety of senior positions in business development and regulatory submissions.
- Jill Stocki is a Business Development Executive with Innovis, LLC. Her experience includes 14 years in the clinical trial industry, including business development for a large global contract research organization and site management organization. In addition, Jill has an extensive background in clinical site operations, including both project management and study coordination.
- LaDale K. George is a Partner with Foley’s Health Care Industry Team and is the leader of the Translational Research Focus Group.
- Janice A. Anderson is a Partner in Foley’s Health Care Industry Team with 25 years’ experience focusing on health regulatory and compliance issues. Prior to joining Foley, Jan was the General Counsel, Vice President, and Corporate Compliance Officer for Borgess Health, a three-hospital regional health system in Michigan.