In April of this year, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Japan’s largest drug company purchased Millennium Pharmaceuticals, one of the earliest American genomics companies for nearly $9 billion providing Takeda an entry into the cancer-drug market. During this off-the-record discussion, topics will include:
- Important criteria each company sought in a strategic partner
- Communicating effectively through cultural differences
- Lessons learned during the due diligence process
- Approach for successful integration of the two companies
- Gabor Garai, Co-Chair, Life Sciences Industry Team, Foley
- Dr. Daniel Curran, Vice President, Corporate Development, Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Catherine Sazdanoff, Vice President, Global Licensing, Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc.