This program will provide you with an update on the latest legal topics relative to both the domestic and global distribution and franchise markets, and so much more.
Topics will include:
- Disconnecting: Dealer Terminations at Home and Abroad
- Top 10 Cases of 2014 – 2015
- Cuba: Partially Open for Business, But Where and How to Get Started?
- Managing Regulatory Risk at Home and Abroad
- Distribution Agreements in China
- Putting the Toothpaste Back in the Tube: Judicial Remedies for Trade Secret Misappropriation and Third-Party Data Breaches
- Taking Control of Cybersecurity: Adequate Information Security for the Organization
- Is Your Refrigerator Spying on You? Privacy and Security Issues Relating to the Exploding Internet of Things
- Antitrust Risks of Competitor Collaborations
- Connecting on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter – What Businesses Need to Know About Using Social Media
- The Common Law Connection: Common Law Claims in Dealer/Distributor Termination Disputes
- Constructive Termination: How Far Is Too Far?
- Am I My Brother’s Keeper? When Franchisors May Be Liable for Their Franchisees' Violations of Labor and Employment Laws
- Keeping It Exclusive: When and Where You Can Enforce In-Term Non-Compete Provisions in Your Distribution Contracts
- Give It Your Best Shot: Using and Enforcing Best Efforts Clauses
- Your Tax Dollars at Work: Criminalizing Resolution of Commercial Disputes
- Don't Wait Until It's Too Late! Best Practices for Demanding Adequate Assurances of Performance in Commercial Agreements
- The 10 Commandments of Distribution Contract Drafting
- Retail Therapy: Warranty Reimbursement Mandates Coming to a State Near You
This year, you will have the choice to attend an interactive Roundtable Lunch Session. The sessions have very limited seating, so please select your session preference when registering.
Roundtable Lunch Sessions
Session 1: Data and Privacy Issues
Session 2: International Issues
Session 3: Dealer Terminations
Session 4: Pricing and Antitrust
For more information, please contact David Puleo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of five General credit(s). Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must be in attendance on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event. For New York attorneys: This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.