Foley & Lardner will be sponsoring Venture Cafe’s IoT Connect mini-conference, “What’s Hype and What’s Happening in IoT,” taking place on November 30, 2017 from 3:00 – 8:30 pm.
Through IoT Connect, we will delve into autonomous vehicles, intellectual property, Cybersecurity, Funding of IoT, new applications, adoption, and the expanding ecosystem for new Internet of Things (IoT) / cloud ventures.
This special ‘conference night’ event seeks to bring together the brightest minds who are building, funding and innovating with IoT in the Greater Boston area across the varied applications of connected technologies.
Come prepared to not only hear the best ideas and see the latest technologies but also to participate in building Boston’s IoT / cloud innovation.
Foley Expertise and Thought Leadership Participation:
- Foley is hosting office hours from 3-5 pm (4 topics, 30 minute sessions with attendees) to offer expert legal counsel to attendees. Foley Associates include: Shabbi Khan, Seth Pearson, Erin Horton, Beth Mitro, and Tom Chisena.
- Foley is hosting a panel on Autonomous Vehicles – Introduction by Dave Kantaros; Moderator: Chethan Srinivasa, Panelists: Carlos Bhola (MD, Celsius Capital), Mark Norman (MP, Fraser McCombs Capital)
- All panel attendees will receive a copy of Foley’s new Autonomous Vehicles Survey Results.
- Foley is co-hosting a panel on The Future of IoT Funding – Moderator: Chris Rezendes (Founder, Impact Labs), Shabbi Khan (Foley), Jacqueline Heard (Venture Partner, Anterra Capital), and Newsha Gaeli (Co-Founder Biotot Analytics)
- Foley is hosting 2 workshops: Matt Karlyn (Foley) – Cybersecurity and IoT, and Chris McKenna/Shabbi Khan (Foley) – IP and IoT
- Demo companies: Foley invited startup companies to attend and “Demo” their products in the open air café area from 5:30-8:00 pm.
For more information on Venture Café and “IoT Night,” please visit. http://vencaf.org/iotconnect/