Mark’s litigation and appellate experience can be best described as impressively diverse. He has litigated and arbitrated a variety of complex commercial cases in both federal and state courts on behalf of both corporate and individual clients, whether plaintiff or defendant. Mark primarily represents clients in disputes involving IP (intellectual property) litigation, corporate and partnership governance, construction litigation, contracts and business torts.
Well-recognized as an appeals attorney, Mark has successfully argued cases in many of the intermediate Texas Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Courts of Texas and New Mexico, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition, Mark coordinates the Firm's local counsel relationships with national trial counsel for litigation in the Western District of Texas and Travis County, Texas. He has extensive experience as an advocate in binding arbitration, and is a qualified impartial third party mediator in the state of Texas.
Mark serves as the Austin Office Chair for the firm's Litigation Department.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Litigation – Construction (2021)
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recognized, Super Lawyers®, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition
- Business Litigation (2014)
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., with honors, 1974)
- The University of Texas School of Law (2004)
- Non-Degree Studies, The Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution, Mediation Training
- Texas (1976)
- Texas State Courts (1976)
- Supreme Court of Texas (1977)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits (1981)