- This session will feature high impact IP cases and events in the U.S. that will affect how Japanese companies will develop and protect IP assets, including the two cases now at the Supreme Court (Bilski, Mayo) the expected certiorari petition in Microsoft v. i4i., and Solo Cup Lid case regarding damages for false patent marking of an expired patent
- Includes discussion on NPEs and ITC investigations
- Michael D. Kaminski, Partner, Intellectual Property and Co-Manager, Foley’s Tokyo office
- Matthew B. Lowrie, Partner, IP Litigation Practice
- Larry L. Shatzer, Partner and Chair, IP Litigation Practice
23 February 2024 Foley Career Perspectives
Foley Black History Month Program: The Sum of Us with Heather McGhee
In celebration of Black History Month, Foley & Lardner hosted a firmwide virtual program on February 22 featuring Heather McGhee, an educator, public policy leader, and New York Times best-selling author of The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together.
15 April 2024 Events
Let’s Talk Compliance & Cocktails
Concurrent with the Health Care Compliance Association's 28th Annual Compliance Institute and the American Health Law Association's Health Care Transactions Conference, Foley & Lardner and PYA are hosting a cocktail reception at the National Museum of African American Music!
06 March 2024 Events
Artificial Intelligence: Risks and Opportunities in the Creative Industry
As part of the American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil’s Artificial Intelligence: Risks and Opportunities in the Creative Industry conference, Freddie Goudie (Partner, Miami) will be speaking on the "AI and Business Ethics" panel.