On January 18, 2011, Lawrence W. Vernaglia will be a speaker on a Web conference for HCCA titled “Stark Self-Disclosures: Understanding And Working With CMS’s New Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol: A Conversation With The Regulators.” In this web conference attendees will learn, in general, how many disclosures have come in, the types of issues, and what kinds of Stark problems compliance officers should be aware of. Special attention will be paid to the role of compliance officers and compliance departments in evaluating Stark risks and the potential use of the SRDP to resolve them.
Topics will include:
- A deeper understanding of the CMS Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol from the regulators who designed it
- Comments on the SRDP from the perspective of hospitals, physicians and other health care providers
- Answers to questions that have come from the provider community since the publication of the SRDP
- Technical considerations and best practices
- Understanding what Compliance Officers need to know about working with the Stark Law and the SRDP