Foley Partner Mary Ann Christopher will serve as a panelist for the discussion titled “State Initiatives—Impacts of State-Driven Economic Development Strategies on Local Communities and Industry Growth” at Infocast’s 4th North American Offshore Wind Development & Finance Summit, April 11-14, 2011 in Washington, D.C. This annual event is recognized as the place where all the communities in the offshore wind value chain assemble to advance the development of the continent’s emerging offshore wind industry. Leading policymakers, developers, manufacturers, specialty vessel providers, technology developers and financiers will return to Washington, D.C. to provide in-depth perspectives on the policies, market forces and industrial developments that will be the keys to accelerating offshore wind projects, including:
- How will the new ‘Smart from the Start’ initiative accelerate federal siting, leasing and permitting?
- What are the states doing to accelerate siting and attract the industry executives?
- Who will manufacture, construct and install the turbines?
- Who will supply the ports, vessels and labor?
- How will the wind farms be integrated into the grid?