The recently enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act includes significant enhancements in the federal protection of trade secrets. The Act greatly expands the remedies available under a federal cause of action, including powerful new civil seizure provisions. But it also imposes significant new requirements on companies.
As a result, sophisticated employers must now consider how best to protect their valuable intellectual property, including determining which technologies to maintain as secret and which to publicly disclose by seeking patent protection.
The presentation will be preceded by a 45-minute informal meet-and-greet cocktail reception.
Topics will include:
- Reviewing recent developments in trade secret law
- Exploring the recently enacted federal Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Comparing trade secret claims under California law and the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Comparing trade secret protection and patent protection
- Examining steps that businesses must take now to protect and manage trade secrets, including revisions to employment agreements
There is no cost to participate in this program, but advance registration is required. To participate, please use either the Register Now button, or simply register here.
For more information, please contact Meghan Burton at [email protected] or 312.832.5381.