Recent developments in federal, state, and local employment law have had a significant impact on New York employers. In this session, Foley’s experienced Labor & Employment attorneys will highlight and address these developments, including topical issues such as:
- Wage & Hour, including the status of federal and state salary basis tests
- Worker Misclassification, including NYC’s Freelance Isn’t Free Act
- Pay Equity, including New York’s year-old Achieve Pay Equity Law
- Paid Leave, including New York’s Paid Leave Program launching in 2018
- Arbitration Agreements, including the validity of class action waivers now before SCOTUS
- Affordable Care Act, including updates on health care reform and the impact on employers
- Restrictive Covenants, including procurement and enforceability
The discussion will focus on court decisions and legislative and administrative activity that have created a more challenging legal environment for employers, especially for businesses with personnel working in New York City.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact Kayla Huven at [email protected].
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 1.0 General credit hour. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the program via email.
Important Information for New York Attorneys: This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.