Foley Senior Counsel Thomas (T.J.) Ferrante, member of the firm’s Telemedicine Digital Health Industry Team, and Foley Partner Jana Kolarik, member of the firm’s Health Care Industry Team, will present at the American Health Lawyer’s Association (AHLA) Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute in San Antonio, Texas on February 4-6, 2019. Mr. Ferrante’s presentation is titled, “Health Care from a Distance: Legal and Regulatory Issues in Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring,” and Ms. Kolarik’s presentation is titled, “The Anatomy of Incident-To and Split/Shared Billing.”
Mr. Ferrante will be joined by Michael Capone, Esq., Senior Vice President & General Counsel, CCS Medical and together they will lead a practical discussion of legal issues involved in cutting edge health information technology, including: (a) Remote patient monitoring: regulatory updates, reimbursement opportunities, and contracting for services; (b) Evolving “non-face-to-face” services and how they differ from traditional “telemedicine” services.
The presentation will cover:
- Hot topics and regulatory updates in telehealth and remote patient monitoring
- Changes to Medicare billing, coding and enrollment rules for telehealth, and remote patient monitoring services
- How health care providers are currently contracting for telemedicine and remote patient monitoring services
- The growth of evolving “non-face-to-face” services and how they differ from traditional “telemedicine” services
Ms. Kolarik will be joined by Valerie G. Rock, a Senior Manager on the Clinical Advisory Services team at PYA, and their presentation will cover the following:
- Compliant use of NPs and PAs
- Elements of incident–to and split/shared provider services
- Manual guidance and laws that impact the interpretation of the provision
- Best practice application in common scenarios
Serving as a public resource on selected health care legal issues, AHLA educates members, their clients, and local communities on important health law issues. To learn more and to register for this event, visit the AHLA conference website.