Foley partners Rohan Virginkar and Lewis Zirogiannis will join panels at the American Conference Institute (ACI) 38th International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), an event taking place from November 30 to December 3 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Washington, D.C. Both attorneys are scheduled to appear on Thursday, December 2. Details on their panels are as follows:
Investigations of Individuals in Real Life: Defense Counsel and Former DOJ Officials Share How Cases are Now Unfolding, and What They Reveal about Liability Risks for Legal and Compliance Professionals, featuring Rohan Virginkar
Thursday, 2 December, 11:00 a.m. (Eastern)
With a flurry of individual investigations anticipated under the Biden Administration, and with the DOJ’s continued focus on holding individuals accountable for FCPA violations, this new session will delve into the changing landscape of risk for legal and compliance executives. Leading practitioners who have represented individuals will discuss new, pressing questions, including:
- Detailing the move toward prosecutions of corporate “gatekeepers” in particular, including general counsel, chief compliance officers, and accountants
- Reviewing the scope of legal and compliance officers’ obligations to investigate potential red flags and monitor suspicious activity
- Outlining recent enforcement actions against individual executives and key takeaways
- Deciding when to self-disclose potential violations
- Identifying potential liabilities for directors and officers
- Minimizing individual risk and harm to the company
To read more about this panel, click here.
Winning the Board Over: Interfacing with Boards of Directors in Good Times…and in Bad, featuring Lewis Zirogiannis
Thursday, 2 December, 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)
In today’s ever-evolving compliance landscape, demonstrating your value to C-suite management and the board is the key to effectuating change. This interactive session will offer you best practices for working with the board and management, and the finer points of escalating issues in an effective manner.
Click here to learn more about this panel.
To learn more or register for this in-person or virtual conference, click here.