What once was a sector dedicated almost exclusively to credit card payments is today a technologically driven industry experiencing exponential growth. This is fueled, in large part, by the growing appetite and opportunity associated with hyper-connectivity. Products connected to technology. People connected to technology. Consumer goods connected to technology. All of which require products and services to support them, including sophisticated payments solutions.
The result is a more complex business and regulatory landscape for both active and passive industry stakeholders. So whether you are an electronic payment processor, a traditional bank card issuer, an emerging tech company, a manufacturer, or an investment fund, you need legal counsel that understands the business and legal challenges and opportunities driving this rapidly-evolving industry forward.
Foley delivers on all fronts. Unlike many of our competitors, our multi-faceted Payments Technology Team has been part of the industry landscape for years. Our attorneys possess a wide and varied range of industry experience, from serving as general counsel at electronic payments companies to operating as trusted advisers and counselors for financial institutions and emerging technology companies.
Uniquely aligned to support the ever-evolving payments technology landscape. Let us assist you with:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory, card association, and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
- Preparation of service and technology agreements
- Intellectual property, including patent and trademark prosecution
- Data privacy and security counseling
- Consumer regulatory guidance
- Government investigations and enforcement actions
- Employment counseling
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- General corporate law
- “Outside general counsel” services