This program will cover recent developments and law enforcement trends, risks, and organizational measures regarding cross-border investigations in Europe and the United States. One topic of discussion will be the Volkswagen investigation. Others will include:
- Enforcement trends in the United States and in Europe; enforcement actions and lessons learned (anti-bribery, money laundering, etc.)
- Substantive differences between the United States and EU (witness interviewing, reporting, privacy, safe harbor); comparison of U.S. and EU restrictions on investigations
- Comparison of treatment of attorney-client privilege
- Leniency program in European antitrust law
- The new decision of the European Court of Justice regarding safe harbor and its impact on cross-border investigations; executing responsive action and investigative plans
EACC NY Member: Free
Non-EACC NY Member: $25
For more information, please contact John Vicars at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jonathan N. Halpern is the attorney responsible for this program.