Foley Represents Revera in $1.35 (CND) Billion Joint Venture with Health Care REIT

29 May 2013 Media Contact: Jill Chanen News

Foley successfully represented Revera Inc., a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services, in its formation of a US $1.35 (CND) billion joint venture with Health Care REIT, one of North America’s largest seniors housing and health care real estate investment trusts. In the deal, officially closed today, Health Care REIT will share ownership of 47 Revera retirement homes in Canada and will own 75% interest in the portfolio. Revera will maintain ownership of the remaining 25% interest and continue to manage the residences and earn payments through a management contract. Also included in the transaction terms is that Health Care REIT will pay Revera US $697 million and take on US $314 million in current mortgage debt.

Foley attorneys Chris Donovan and Mike Okaty successfully represented Revera as lead counsel on the deal.

Related Services

Insights

Podcast Episode 24: Steve Cade, Partner
01 December 2020
Foley Career Perspectives
U.S. Companies Must Prepare to Pay Higher Wages for Specialty Occupation Foreign Workers
30 November 2020
Labor & Employment Law Perspectives
A Shield for Employers: State COVID-19 Indemnity Laws
30 November 2020
Coronavirus Resource Center:Back to Business
Federal Circuit Clarifies The “Reasonably Pertintent” Analogous Art Standard
30 November 2020
PTAB Trial Insights
HCCA San Francisco Regional Conference
04 December 2020
Virtual Conference
Webinar: Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave 2021
02 December 2020
Webinar
CTeL Digital Health Summit 2020
01-04 December 2020
Virtual Conference
Virtual CLE Week
Every Tuesday & Thursday from December 1 - 17 2020
Webinar