Christopher Duda is an associate in Foley & Lardner LLP’s Tampa office, where he brings practicality and knowledge to complex business transactions. Christopher is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice and Energy Sector, with a focus in Renewables. He has experience with projects spanning over 20 states, encompassing solar, wind and hydroelectric energy production from the lending, sale, acquisition, tax equity investment and development perspectives. He is also a member of the firm’s Hospitality & Leisure Industry Team. Christopher’s hospitality practice focuses primarily on the sale and acquisition of hotels, as well as golf and country clubs.
Prior to joining Foley, Christopher was a legislative intern to Congressman Tom Rooney in The United States House of Representatives. He was also a legal assistant, where he independently oversaw a six-month process that involved the assistance of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the U.S. Copyright Office in establishing a corporation, and then successfully acquired three trademarks and two copyrights.
“La Chalupa” Wind Farm
- Represented a client with the development of a 198 MW, 63 wind turbine project valued at $279 million in South Texas. Representation included coordination of funding with tax equity investing, as well as title insurance and survey review, and securing site control with 119 landowners.
“Sego Lily” Solar Energy Project
- Represented the tax equity investor of the 194.3 MW solar energy “partnership flip” transaction consisting of 7 solar projects in UT, NY and CA. Representation involved conducting real estate due diligence and drafting closing documents.
“Madison” Solar Energy Project
- Represented the lender for 18 tranches of solar energy sites spread all across the continental US, including RI, NJ, NY, MA, CA, OH, VA, MN, CT, CO, PA, ME (each tranche containing as many as 12 separate project sites.) Representation included conducting real estate due diligence for both construction loans and term conversion loans with expedited closing windows.
Hospitality and Leisure
Naples Grande Beach Resort and Golf Club
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of 125-acre resort in Naples, Florida for $248 million. Representation included assisting property management personnel in the oversight of inventory conduction.
World Woods Golf Club
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of 1,200-acre Florida golf course portfolio for $26 million. Representation involved leading closing processes, including due diligence, drafting of closing documents, and coordination of closing logistics.
South Seas Plantation
- Represented the buyers in the joint purchase of a beach resort in Captiva Island, Florida for $140 million. Representation included the conducting of title insurance and survey review.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, (J.D., cum laude, 2019)
- Recipient, Dean's List (2016-2019)
- Executive Research Editor, Journal of International Law
- Treasurer, Association for Law and Business
- Ambassador, International Scholar Laureate Program (ILSP)
- University of Florida, (B.A., 2015)
- Recipient, Dean's List (2012-2015)
- Historian, Judicial Board, Assistant Risk Manager, Sigma Chi
- Fall Festival Volunteer, Gateway Trinity Lutheran Church (2008-2018)
- Family Forms Clinic Volunteer, Bay Area Legal Services (2020-Present)