Among the topics covered will be:
- UDAAP (and UDAP) in the consumer mortgages, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (“CFPB”) new mortgage rules (both those implemented early this year and those the Bureau plans to implement in the near future).
- The role of State Attorneys General, including their authority (e.g., UDAP) and their collaboration with federal agencies, such as the CFPB and the FTC.
- The unique investigatory, litigation, and settlement workings of state Attorneys General.
- The benefits of collaboration about UDAAP issues.
- The CFPB’s debt collection regulation proposal and its UDAAP take on debt collection.
- An examination of how the CFPB can take an existing statute like (e.g., the Fair Debt Collection Act) and expand it through UDAAP.
- A review of recent UDAAP activity by the CFPB.
- The CFPB’s use of UDAAP to protect specific group (e.g., older Americans, veterans, students), and what we can glean from it.
23 February 2024 Foley Career Perspectives
Foley Black History Month Program: The Sum of Us with Heather McGhee
In celebration of Black History Month, Foley & Lardner hosted a firmwide virtual program on February 22 featuring Heather McGhee, an educator, public policy leader, and New York Times best-selling author of The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together.
15 April 2024 Events
Let’s Talk Compliance & Cocktails
Concurrent with the Health Care Compliance Association's 28th Annual Compliance Institute and the American Health Law Association's Health Care Transactions Conference, Foley & Lardner and PYA are hosting a cocktail reception at the National Museum of African American Music!
06 March 2024 Events
Artificial Intelligence: Risks and Opportunities in the Creative Industry
As part of the American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil’s Artificial Intelligence: Risks and Opportunities in the Creative Industry conference, Freddie Goudie (Partner, Miami) will be speaking on the "AI and Business Ethics" panel.