This invitation is intended for in-house counsel and business executives.
In many of our prior seminars, we have discussed litigation-related topics. Some of these topics include pre-litigation preparation, discovery techniques, litigation management, deposition mock demonstrations, and so on. The focus of this Seminar is to provide a demonstration of a jury trial.
It is a well-known fact that most patent litigations settle about 94% of the time. However, for the remaining 6% of cases that do not settle, a good US patent litigator must understand that the discovery phase in a patent litigation – and the patent litigation as a whole — should always be focused on obtaining facts and evidence that would be useful at trial. About 75% of patent trials are decided by a jury. In short, it is crucial for the patent litigator’s objectives to be executed with the trial in mind.
Please join Foley and Aoyama & Partners for this seminar, Mock Demonstration of a Jury Trial, where we will discuss and demonstrate the basic concepts of the process and flow of a jury trial, while also exploring the many perspectives inside each phase of patent litigation. Attendees will also be able to act as “the jury,” with their own ballot, voting on the issues that will be debated in the Mock Trial and assigned a verdict.
Bill Robinson, Practice Group Chair, Intellectual Property Litigation Group & Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Liane M. Peterson, Vice Practice Group Chair, Intellectual Property Litigation Group & Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Etsuo Doi, Co-managing Partner, Tokyo Office, Foley & Lardner LLP
Andrew R. Cheslock, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
Ryan A. Schmid, Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
The seminar presentations will be delivered primarily in English with summary explanation in Japanese onsite, when necessary.
Due to seating limitations, pre-registration is required.
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 3.0 General credit hour. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the webinar via email.
Special Instructions for Kansas/New York/New Jersey CLE Credit
Those seeking Kansas, New York, and/or New Jersey CLE Credit are required to complete the Attorney Affirmation Form. Be sure to enter the five-digit code that will be provided during the presentation. Please email the form to Delia Dai at [email protected] immediately following the program.
Important Information for New York Attorneys
This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only. Attorneys admitted two years or less are not eligible to earn CLE credit through the completion of courses in nontraditional formats.