Katherine (Katie) Dunne is an associate and business law attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. Katie is based in the Dallas office where she is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Katie represents and advises clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development, and financing of multifamily, retail, restaurant, hotel, and industrial projects. She is highly experienced in drafting and negotiating loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, leases, property management agreements, and various other transaction documents. She also assists real estate clients with joint venture agreements, entity formation and restructuring, and other organizational matters. Additionally, Katie has significant experience representing lenders in connection with construction and permanent financing for Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects.
Prior to joining Foley, Katie practiced real estate law in the Dallas office of a national Am Law 100 law firm.
- Represented an owner/developer in connection with the third-party management agreement and franchise agreement for a to-be-developed hotel in Ponte Vedra, Florida.
- Assisted an opportunistic private investor in the conversion of a junior mezzanine loan to 100% equity ownership and the restructure of the management and branding arrangements and senior debt facilities for a luxury boutique hotel in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of the iconic Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek Hotel in Dallas, Texas, including the restructuring of long-term management and branding arrangements with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.
- Advised and represented a hotel management company as a court-appointed receiver in connection with the sale of a nationwide hotel portfolio.
- Represented an oil company in the negotiation of a warehouse lease for storage and remediation of inverters.
- Represented a real estate client in connection with the acquisition and financing of a two-building industrial facility in suburban Columbus, Ohio.
- Represented a real estate owner and developer in connection with the franchise and branding documents for a to-be-developed JW Marriott resort and for the sale of a residential project in Texas.
- Member, Dallas Bar Associate: Real Property Law Section
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) – Dallas