Robert Tyler Johnson represents clients in the real estate and energy industries. He guides developers and real estate companies across each step of their projects, including portfolio and single asset acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, debt and equity financing, leasing, property management, new developments, and redevelopments.
Tyler has experience working on most real estate product types and projects across the U.S., including multifamily, master planned single-family communities (both for sale and build-to-rent), office, retail, industrial, hospitality, mixed-use, mitigation banks, renewable energy facilities, and electric generating facilities. He additionally represents manufacturers and other industrial companies in managing their real estate portfolios and advises financial institutions and investors in workouts and Texas foreclosures.
- Represented developer in the financing and development of build-to-rent developments throughout the Southern and Southwestern United States.
- Represented clients in development and sale of new multi-family projects in Arizona, California, Colorado, Washington, D.C., Florida, Maryland, New Mexico, Oregon, and Texas.
- Represented nonprofit corporation in acquisition of a portfolio of 19 multifamily properties in Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Texas in a tax-exempt bond financing.
- Represented core investment fund of major investment bank in acquisition program for multifamily properties in Arizona, California, and Texas.
- Represented purchaser of Class A office portfolio with more than 700,000 rentable square feet in Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented client in purchase and repositioning of a 1.2 million square-foot Class A office and retail mixed-use project in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented client in development and retail leasing for a 400-acre mixed-use project in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Represented client in redevelopment and disposition of the Prestonwood Mall in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented client in senior loan on a portfolio of restaurant properties located throughout the U.S.
- Represented an industrial REIT in acquisition of a portfolio of over 1.3 million square feet of industrial facilities throughout California.
- Represented developer in construction loan for a medical center in Lubbock, Texas.
- Represented international manufacturer in outsourcing of facilities management for 434 properties in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Represented developer in development and disposition of 1,850-acre wetland and tidal habitat mitigation bank in Houston, Texas.
- Represented investment bank in foreclosure and later disposition of a 145,000 square foot office building in Austin, Texas.
- Represented client in real estate due diligence for a 120-megawatt wind facility in West Texas.
- Represented client in financing of 632-megawatt electric-generating facility in South Texas.
*Matters handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2021-2024)
- Recognized, Chambers USA, Real Estate (2022-2023)
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Events Planning Committee
- Shared Housing Center, Former Board Member
- Real Estate Financial Executives, Former Board Member and President
Urban Land Institute
- Advisory Board Member
- Center for Leadership Chair
- Sponsorship Committee Chair