Caitlin Otis is a Tampa health care associate in the firm’s national Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team and is a member of the Health Care Practice Group and the Health Care & Life Sciences Sector with Foley & Lardner LLP.
Caitlin assists with advising emerging digital health and telemedicine companies on multi-state telehealth practice standards and licensure requirements, including compliance with state and federal laws on permissible modalities for prescribing controlled and non-controlled substances, patient consent, and provider disclosure requirements. Caitlin’s experience also includes assisting companies navigate data privacy concerns specific to telemedicine practices, and advising on federal and state fraud and abuse guidance for companies with multi-state footprints, including physician fee splitting, anti-kickback statutes, and corporate practice of medicine issues.
Before joining Foley as a health care summer associate in 2021, Caitlin was a summer legal associate for a Tampa-based regional law firm where she focused on health care fraud and abuse enforcement. Caitlin additionally had experience researching emerging professional responsibility issues relating to the use of data tracker technology and targeted advertisements.
“Foley is the premier firm for telehealth counsel.”
“A market leader in telemedicine issues.” “This is the Dream Team.”
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers (2020, 2021)
Why I Focus on Telemedicine
Awards and Recognition
- Notes & Comments Editor, Florida Law Review
- Florida Law Review Gertrude Brick Outstanding Board Member Award
- Book Awards: Civil Procedure; Biotechnology and Medical AI Policy; Health Law; Practical Lawyering in the 21st Century
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Irving Cypress Freshman Scholastic Achievement Award Recipient
- Florida Law Review Gertrude Brick Outstanding Board Member Recipient