In our fast-paced and ever-evolving world that has become increasingly digitally driven and brand-focused, tailored counsel is critical.
Foley’s Fashion, Apparel, and Beauty attorneys leverage resources from a broad spectrum of capabilities to offer timely and cutting-edge solutions to every phase of our clients’ creative visions and unique needs. Our attorneys have refined experience collaborating with everyone from entrepreneurs to established brands in the fashion and beauty industries to help safeguard the value of their business and steadily develop, protect, and exploit their brand.
Fashion, Apparel & Beauty Industry Clients
- Adina’s Jewels
- Anthony Cristiano
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Carhartt Inc.
- Cece Dupraz
- Christian Dior
- Fashion Nova
- Fit Flop
- Frederic Fekkai
- Gabriel Brothers
- Harley-Davidson Motor
- Hermès International
- H.K. Designs
- Jockey International
- Klaw Footwear
- Make Up For Ever
- Missoni, SpA
- Perry Ellis
- Pico Manufacturing
- Reebok International
- Sasha Handbags
- Scene Hair
- Static Nails
- Steve Madden
- The Timberland Company
- TOMS Shoes
We keep a keen eye on the fashion, apparel, and beauty industry’s competitive and dynamic environment to help our clients navigate through the legal challenges that arise from changing consumer preferences, technological advances, and expanding business partnership opportunities. The breadth of our sophisticated representative experience models an array of innovative, yet practical methods that help turn sketches into sustaining and standout works of art.
Fashion, Apparel & Beauty Industry Experience
- Representing Harley-Davidson in connection with IP-related agreements, information technology contracting, and privacy and security compliance, and coordinated and negotiated key sponsorships and headline/supporting talent deals for Harley-Davidson’s 110th anniversary celebration.
- Represented Christian Louboutin in obtaining design patents for its shoe designs.
- Representing Nicopanda, a fashion and lifestyle brand, in connection with their global trademark prosecution and enforcement matters, including cybersquatting and infringement matters in China, and corporate governance and licensing matters.
- Serve as outside counsel for Pico Manufacturing Sales Corporation in the negotiation and preparation of license agreements for branded apparel.
- Representing Perry Ellis in the management of their global trademark portfolio.
- Served as lead counsel to the largest ad-hoc group of administrative vendors in In re Sears Holding Corp., currently pending in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Served as counsel on several high profile matters related to the bankruptcy proceedings of Samuels Jewelers, Sports Authority, and Women’s Apparel Group LLC.
- Represented Steven Madden, Ltd. in connection with distressed distributors and distressed acquisitions of assets and licenses of intellectual property globally.
- Represented a privately held, U.S.-based skin care company in connection with its equity and debt financings.
- Represented a U.S.-based clothing manufacturer in litigation involving trademark, trade secrets, and contract law issues in a dispute involving a reseller and competitor.
- Represented a U.S.-based clothing manufacturer regarding “Made in U.S.A.” and fiber content labeling.
- Representing luxury goods purveyor of apparel, leather goods, jewelry, fragrances and cosmetics in connection with U.S. trademark and copyright matters, including counseling, prosecution, policing and enforcement.
- Represented a nationwide apparel retailer for investigating employee allegations of harassment and retaliation.
- Represented a top clothing manufacturer in connection with the negotiation of a build-to-suit lease and purchase and sale agreement for an approximately 150,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
- Represented a high-end jewelry designer/manufacturer in a dispute and ultimate settlement with one of its exclusive distributors.
- Represented Italian luxury brand eyewear company in connection with its international licensing and distribution agreements in the U.S.
- Represented a skin and hair care consumer products company in the sale of the company to consortium of private equity firms.
- Represented U.S.-based publicly traded fragrance company in the rollout of its retail operations.
- Represented a publicly traded retailer in the launch of its online cosmetics company.
- Represented U.S.-based luxury hair care products company in the international expansion of its operations.