Laura Ganoza is a partner and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She primarily represents business clients in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including, but not limited to, cross-border disputes, trade secret, and non-compete actions as well as a variety of intellectual property litigation matters, including trademark, copyright, and patent infringement matters. Laura chairs the Litigation Practice in the firm’s Miami office and is the co-chair of Foley’s Fashion Apparel & Beauty Industry Team (Foley FAB).
She is also active in several of Foley’s key sectors. She is a founding member of Foley’s Digital Assets, Web3, and NFTs team (DAWN); part of the firm’s Innovative Technology and Manufacturing Sectors; and she is also a member of the firm’s Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Team.
Laura has achieved success on behalf of her clients by combining her litigation and IP experience. In addition to enforcing and litigating her clients’ valuable rights, Laura manages trademark and copyright portfolios for a wide range of clients, including those in the fashion industry and other creatives, and helps them to obtain, maintain, and protect their intellectual property rights both domestically and internationally. She clears trademarks and copyrights, prepares and prosecutes trademark and copyright applications, and provides strategic advice and counseling for clients with IP portfolios both large and small.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©, in the field of Commercial Litigation (2023-2024).
- Recognized as a leader in the field of trademark law by World Trademark Review in its “WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals” directory since 2021.
- Named to BTI Consulting Group’s coveted Client Service All-Star Team in 2017
- This honor is bestowed upon individual attorneys who deliver outstanding client service, according to corporate counsel interviewed at large organizations with $1 billion or more in revenue.
- Peer Review Rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Named by The South Florida Legal Guide as “Top Up & Comer” in 2008 – 2012 and a “Top Lawyer” in 2013 – 2016
- Recognized in Florida Trend’s Prestigious Legal Elite in 2018
- Former regional director of the South Florida Chapter of The Fashion Group International, a global trade organization in the fashion, beauty, accessories, and home décor industries
- Very active in the International Trademark Association (INTA) — she was co-chair of the INTA Leadership Meetings in both 2020 and 2021
- Currently a member of multiple committees, including the INTA Programming Advisory Council
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, The International Trademark Association
Presentations and Publications
- Co-authored, “From Gamers to the Runway: Brand Protection for Digital Fashion,” published in the March/April 2022 issue of Landslide, a publication of the Intellectual Property Section of the ABA
- Author of “Fashion Branding: What’s in a Name,”published in Apparel magazine
- Routinely presents seminars on fashion-related topics, including the annual “Fashion Law – Year in Review,” which takes place each year in January
- Presented at Miami Fashion Week and SwimShow, the leading trade show in swimwear industry, among a number of other fashion-industry focused events