Foley Partner Lena Robins is speaking at the American Conference Institute's (ACI) 7th Annual Advanced forum on Government Regulation of Prescription Drug Pricing, March 11 - 12, 2009 in New York, New York.
Ms. Robins is speaking on March 11, 2009 at 4:15 p.m. Her session is titled "Creating a Robust Pricing Compliance/Audit Program That Will Provide the Most Accurate Calculations and the Ability to Verify Them." Topics to be covered include:
- Developing a compliance program that conforms to HHS OIG draft Compliance Program Guidance for the pharmaceutical industry
- Reducing risk in the three areas identified by the OIG as the most problematic:
- integrity of data
- kickbacks and illegal remuneration
- Defining the relationship between the government pricing function and the compliance department
- what role does or should the finance department play?
- Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing calculations
- what can or should be outsourced?
- ensuring that outsources calculations are correct
- what is the government's position on outsourcing calculations?