During the presentation we will review the Supreme Court’s ruling about “personal benefit” and a corporate insider’s breach of fiduciary duty, and discuss the current state of insider trading law.
This presentation will also cover topics such as:
- An overview of the law on insider trading pre-Salman, including cases since Newman
- A discussion of the background, facts, and holding in Salman
- The implications for future civil and criminal insider trading cases following Salman (and Dirks)
- What constitutes a “friend” in assessing whether the gifting insider received a personal benefit?
- How do you know if tipped MNPI will be considered a personal benefit to the insider and a breach of his/her fiduciary duty where the tippee is neither friend nor relative?
- The takeaways: What does Salman teach about foreseeing insider trading liability
There is no cost to participate in this program, but pre-registration is required. To participate, please use the Register button. Instructions for accessing the program will be included in the registration confirmation email.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Kayla Huven at firstname.lastname@example.org.