National law firm Foley & Lardner LLP has formed a strategic alliance with a leading Michigan government affairs firm, Michigan Legislative Consultants, Inc. (MLC). Through the relationship, Foley will expand its public policy presence to offer full-service government relations representation and legal advice in Michigan-related matters. Based in Lansing, MLC has an extensive network of connections throughout Michigan’s legislative and executive branches.
This alliance further strengthens Foley’s presence in the state, with capabilities to support clients in both Lansing and Detroit. Foley is the only law firm in Michigan with attorneys who have held senior positions in Governor Rick Snyder’s administration. The strategic alliance with MLC boosts Foley’s services in the following ways:
- Critical federal and state coordination between public affairs and legal efforts
- “Boots on the ground” in the state capital, coordinating political public relations efforts, preparing testimony and making legislative presentations
- Legislative monitoring and intelligence on Michigan issues impacting a broad range of industries and business interests
- Increased guidance through legislative process and bureaucratic hurdles by developing strategies with both short- and long-term legislative and regulatory goals
- Customized briefings and consultations on political and legislative issues, including detailed assessments of state elections and state budget issues
- Access to Foley’s seasoned registered lobbyists Partner Steven Hilfinger and Senior Counsel Robert Nederhood, both former senior officials in Gov. Snyder’s administration
“Our partnership with MLC gives Foley an unmatched ability to serve clients’ needs in Michigan, both in the legislative and regulatory space, helping clients navigate their legal and public policy efforts in a comprehensive way,” said Hilfinger.