Rob Nederhood advises private companies and their shareholders, as well as private equity firms, in connection with mergers and acquisitions (M&A), asset purchases, joint ventures, corporate governance, and state government regulatory matters. He is experienced in general corporate matters, including incorporation, organization, operating agreements, and shareholders’ agreements. Rob is a partner in the firm’s Transactions Practice Group and Government Solutions Practice Group, and its Automotive, Manufacturing, and Cannabis Industry Teams.
Rob’s clients benefit from his extensive experience and relationships with the Michigan government. He is a registered lobbyist who was formerly a deputy director of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, where he developed and managed the governor’s regulatory reform initiative, the Office of Regulatory Reinvention (ORR). He also had responsibility for administering the rulemaking process for all of the state government.
Mergers & Acquisitions
While Rob has deep experience representing manufacturing, automotive, and defense clients, he has represented clients on significant transactions in the cannabis, energy services, technology and software services, and food and beverage industries. Rob has represented clients on transactions with an aggregate value well over $3 billion.
Representative transactions include:
- Regularly represents tier-one automotive supplier in acquisitions of various sizes and structures.
- Represented Tech Data in its acquisition of DLT Solutions, a premier software and cloud solutions aggregator focused on the U.S. public sector.
- Represented large utility construction and infrastructure service enterprise in multiple acquisitions of natural gas and electrical transmission and distribution construction firms.
- Represented leading global supplier of support software and services to the energy transportation industry in sale to publicly traded company.
- Represented U.S.-based private equity firm in connection with acquisition of hydro-excavation platform company and follow-on growth acquisitions.
- Represented leading tier-one automotive supplier in acquisition of all the assets of a plastic injection molding company.
- Represented troubled tier-one automotive supplier in conversion of debt to equity and eventual sale of its equity to a European competitor.
- Advised Cummins Inc. in connection with its automated manual transmission joint venture with Eaton Corporation.
- Represented non-profit Detroit Police Athletic League in its redevelopment of Tiger Stadium site into The Corner Ballpark facility.
- During the height of COVID-19 pandemic, represented a clothing manufacturer in the creation of a joint venture to facilitate the production of medical gowns and other PPE.
- Represented leading Michigan cultivator in combination with major vertically integrated cannabis company.
- Represented licensee in sale of multiple licensed retail locations to publicly traded multi-state operator (MSO) in transaction valued at $42 million.
- Represented licensee in sale of multiple licensed retail locations and real estate to publicly traded MSO.
- Represents vertically integrated Michigan cannabis company on regulatory, licensing, corporate, and transactional matters.
- Represents Michigan cultivator and processor on strategic transactions, general corporate, and commercial matters.
- Represents a variety of cultivators, processors, retailers, and microbusinesses (including MSOs) on Michigan licensing and regulatory matters.
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Graduate of Leadership Detroit, Class XLI
- Michigan Political Leadership Program Fellow, Class of 2014
- Former chair of the State of Michigan Environmental Rules Review Committee, to which he was appointed by the Governor