Melody M. Deatherage is an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Orlando office, where she is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice.
In 2019, Melody was a summer associate at Foley’s Orlando Office. Prior to joining Foley, Melody was a legislative intern for the Judiciary Committee at the Florida House of Representatives.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL (J.D., summa cum laude, May 2020)
- Teaching assistant, Legal Writing & Research I & II
- Staff editor, Florida State University Law Review
- Moot Court – Final Four Co-Chair
- Best Advocate, awarded by the Florida Supreme Court for the Final Four Competition (2018)
- Best Brief Award, BMI/Cardozo Entertainment and Communications Law Moot Court Competition (2019)
- Second Place Best Brief Award, Seigenthaler-Sutherland Cup Moot Court Competition (2020)
- Book awards:
- Legal Writing and Research I
- Legal Writing and Research II
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, May 2017)