Corporate lawyer Larry Goldstein represents private equity funds, portfolio companies of private equity funds, management-owned businesses, strategic buyers and other buyers, sellers and investors in middle market mergers and acquisitions and other financing transactions. He also serves as outside general counsel for clients in a wide variety of industries, including private equity, distribution, energy services, financial services and technology.
Larry’s clients view him as not just their lawyer, but a key member of their teams, helping them analyze business opportunities and business and legal risks, and formulating solutions to enable them to successfully achieve their goals and get deals done.
Larry is currently a member of the firm's Management Committee and has served in many leadership positions. At Gardere, he served on the partners' board, as chair of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group and as chair of the compensation committee.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Regional Board, Anti-Defamation League
- Co-Chair, Attorneys Division, Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas (2006, 2007 and 2010 campaigns)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers® in America (Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith eds., Woodward/White Inc.)
- Corporate Law (2006-2018)
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Mergers and Acquisitions (2003-2017)
- Recognized, The Legal 500 United States
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts – M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) (2012)
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (1985), with high honors
- Member, Texas Law Review
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Member, Chancellors
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin (1982), with high honors
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Society