Joe Higgins is a business lawyer and senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP in its Estates & Trusts Practice.
Joe focuses his practice primarily on estate planning and administration, representing owners of closely-held businesses, private equity fund principals, and other ultra-high net worth individuals and their families across the country in connection with tax-efficient wealth transfers, charitable giving, and business succession planning. Joe has extensive experience using sophisticated estate planning strategies and structures for these purposes.
- Greater North Shore Estate and Financial Planning Council (2018)
- Notre Dame Tax & Estate Planning Institute (2017)
Member, Madison Estate Planning Council
- Member, Wisconsin Association of Charitable Gift Planners
- Member, The Young Professional Advisory Committee for The Chicago Community Trust
- Former Member, New Practitioners Committee for Trusts & Estates Magazine
- “Transfer Tax Playbook,” Trusts & Estates Magazine
- "Tricky GST Issues," Bloomberg BNA
- Contributor, "Year in Review" and "E-Newsletter" Trust & Estates Magazine
- Contributor, "The Complete Estate Planning Sourcebook," Wolters Kluwer
- "Monthly Tax Law Update," Hennepin County Bar Association
- The University of Wisconsin Law School
- Carthage College (Accounting)
- Illinois (ARDC)