Omar A. Lucia is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, practicing general corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions across numerous industries. He is a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital and International Practices.
Mr. Lucia regularly represents a broad range of clients on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions (including strategic transactions for portfolio companies), financing transactions, and general corporate and contract counseling.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital and its affiliate, USP Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC, and Fast Fabricators LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA), numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, its sale to Forterra Pipe
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their aerospace business to a large private equity fund
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in an international travel marketing company
- Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their automotive supply business to a public company
- Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products, along with bolt-on acquisitions and ultimately its sale to a public company
- Represented a publicly traded plastics company in their purchases of operations in the U.S. and Canada
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of the international operations of a pool and spa business
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in an experiential marketing and trade show development provider
Mr. Lucia has also served as outside general counsel for a number of clients, including a multinational public automotive supplier and a domestic food processor.
Mr. Lucia received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was co-founder and treasurer of the Michigan Business Law Association. He received his bachelor’s degree in corporate finance from Wayne State University.
Mr. Lucia is admitted to the State Bar of Michigan.