Omar A. Lucia is a partner in the Private Equity and Corporate Transactions practice at Foley & Lardner and is Co-Chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice. His practice focuses on middle market mergers, acquisitions and divestitures across a number of industries.
Omar regularly represents a broad range of clients (including private equity funds, public companies and privately held companies) on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and financing transactions. A significant portion of Omar’s practice is devoted to supporting middle market private equity funds and public companies in their private company M&A activities and providing general business counseling to his clients
- Represented Advanced Energy Industries (NASDAQ: AEIS) in connection with its carve-out purchase of the Artesyn Embedded Power Business from Platinum Equity and Emerson Electric
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital and its affiliate, USP Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC, and Fast Fabricators LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA), numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, its sale to Forterra Pipe
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their aerospace testing business to a large private equity fund
- Represented Peninsula Capital in its investment in Republic Fire & Safety, numerous bolt-ons to the platform and ultimately its sale to CI Capital
- Represented a UK listed public company in its acquisitions of a US-based wire and cable distributor and a US based specialty fastener distributor
- Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital in the purchase of the international operations of Latham Pools, and ultimately its sale to Pamplona Capital
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their automotive supply business to a public company
- Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products, along with bolt-on acquisitions and ultimately its sale to a public company
- Represented Amcor Rigid Plastics in their purchases of operations in the U.S., Canada and South America
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of a fastening distribution business and numerous bolt-ons to the platform
- Represented Peninsula Capital in its acquisition of Escapology
Omar has also served as outside general counsel for a number of clients, including a multinational public automotive supplier and a domestic food processor.
Omar received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was co-founder and treasurer of the Michigan Business Law Association.
He received his bachelor’s degree in corporate finance from Wayne State University.