Omar A. Lucia is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, practicing general corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions across numerous industries. He is a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital and International Practices.
Omar regularly represents a broad range of clients on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions (including strategic transactions for portfolio companies), financing transactions, and general corporate and contract counseling.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital and its affiliate, USP Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC, and Fast Fabricators LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA), numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, its sale to Forterra Pipe
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their aerospace business to a large private equity fund
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in an international travel marketing company
- Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their automotive supply business to a public company
- Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products, along with bolt-on acquisitions and ultimately its sale to a public company
- Represented a publicly traded plastics company in their purchases of operations in the U.S. and Canada
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of the international operations of a pool and spa business
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in an experiential marketing and trade show development provider
Omar has also served as outside general counsel for a number of clients, including a multinational public automotive supplier and a domestic food processor. He was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2021 - 2022).
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Co-founder and treasurer of the Michigan Business Law Association
- Wayne State University (B.S.)