Eric Chow is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Silicon Valley office, where he is a member of the Transactions Practice.
Prior to joining Foley, Eric gained experience working with public and private mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, as well as other corporate transactions, with a focus on the Northern California market, across a wide variety of industries including technology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and real estate. Eric’s work also includes cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions. Eric started his practice as an associate at two global law firms in the corporate and securities, and the mergers and acquisitions groups.
- Represented CBRE (NYSE: CBG) in multiple acquisitions around the United States
- Represented VMware (NYSE: VMW) in its acquisition of Bitfusion
- Represented Centric Software in its sale to Dassault Systèmes (EPA: DSY)
- Represented Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) in its acquisitions of Cyphort and AppFormix
- Represented Avnet (NASDAQ: AVT) in its acquisitions of Softweb Group and Dragon Innovation
- Represented Tecan Group AG (SWX: TECN) in its acquisition of SPEware
- Represented Securly in its acquisition of TechPilot Labs
- Represented Double Beam in its sale to Verifone (NYSE: VFN)
- Represented Docea Power in its sale to Intel (NASDAQ: INTC)
- Represented Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE) in its $995 million sale to News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWSA)
- Represented Millennial Media (NYSE: MM) in its acquisition of Jumptap
- Represented Solera Networks in its sale to Blue Coat Systems (NASDAQ: BCSI)
- Represented IDEV Technologies in its sale to Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT)
- Represented Atex Group’s sale of Atex AdBase to Newscycle Solutions (Vista Equity Partners)
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- Contributor, “American Bar Association Private Target Mergers and Acquisitions,” Deal Point Study
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law (LL.B., P.C.LL.)
- University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Business and Economics (B.B.A.)