On September 16, 2009, Matthew Karlyn will participate in a CIO Executive Council teleconference titled, “Secrets of Successful Vendor Contract Negotiations for the Mid-Market,” in which he will share tips on negotiating tactics and new, creative contract terms to help CIOs make better deals.
Specific areas of focus will include:
- Cost-lowering tactics
- Building in as much flexibility as possible
- Ensuring vendor accountability
- Tying payments to results
- Leveraging long-term vs. short-term contracts
- Termination/exit strategies
For more information, please visit the CIO Executive Council Web site.