Organized in conjunction with the Hellenic Innovation Network and Massachusetts Institute of Technology Enterprise Forum Greece (MITEF), a trio of Foley & Lardner lawyers including David Kantaros (Partner, Boston), Kyle Faget (Partner, Boston), and Christopher McKenna (Partner, Boston) will be hosting an event in Athens to discuss cross-border expansion into the United States.
This event will focus on the process of raising capital, intellectual property considerations, and strategies for eliminating speed bumps to expanding operations into the U.S.
To learn more and register to attend, please click here.
16:30 – 17:00: Arrival
17:00 – 19:00: General Session
- How to Structure Your Company to Raise funds and Expand Your Business Into the U.S. Markets
- Raising Capital in the U.S.: Typical financing offerings
- Intellectual Property Considerations: How to protect your IP and Investor / Buyer expectations
- Plan Early for Future Transactions with U.S. Buyers: Key steps companies should take beginning on Day 1 that will make future financings and the ultimately liquidity event a much smoother process
19:00 – 19:45: Breakout Sessions
- Breakout Session A: Roundtable discussion on current legal issues for software / technology companies
- Breakout Session B: Roundtable discussion on current legal issues for life science and health analytics companies
19:45 – 21:00: Reception/General Networking