Partner Mike Overly published an article in the CSO ‘Crossroads of Cybersecurity and the Law’ blog, “Six Resolutions for a Secure New Year,” about the six action items businesses can take to increase their overall cybersecurity.
Overly wrote that while he is not suggesting that every business pursue each action item, they should consider efforts in these areas:
- Take inventory on information assets
- Improve employee training
- Tune up vendor and business partner agreement practices
- Revisit existing vendor and business partner agreements
- Review and update security policies
- Conduct an audit or update existing audits
[Disclaimer: The information on this blog or article is provided without any warranty or guarantee, does not provide legal advice to the reader, and does not create an attorney-client relationship with the reader. Any opinions expressed in this blog or article are those only of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the author’s law firm or any of the author’s or the law firm’s clients. In some jurisdictions, the contents of this blog or article may be considered Attorney Advertising.]
This article was republished in the Marin Lawyer.