Christopher DeGennaro is a high-stakes trial lawyer committed to winning cases and resolving his clients’ most significant matters. Chris is a strategic and creative problem solver, adept at big-picture strategizing and honed issue spotting. Clients turn to Chris for his ability to resolve disputes before they become costly litigations, and, when necessary, for his ability to litigate with a view towards and through trial.
Chris has significant trial experience, having tried civil and criminal cases to verdict. He focuses his practice on complex commercial matters, white collar criminal defense, and high-stakes employment disputes. Chris’ keen strategic sense, coupled with his confident and collected disposition, provides his clients with a significant amount of comfort in otherwise tumultuous, and at times existential, situations.
Chris is creator, producer, and host of Foley’s acclaimed On Trial podcast, in which he interviews experienced trial lawyers and analyzes the most interesting and important elements of trials and trial strategy. He is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Government Enforcement Defense & Investigations, Labor & Employment, and Consumer Law, Finance & Class Action practice groups.
Chris devotes considerable time to various pro bono efforts, including Black Connect’s Small Business Legal Services Program and the E.D.N.Y.’s Criminal Justice Act Panel. Chris also serves as the New York office co-liaison for Foley’s Racial Justice and Equity practice group (RJEPG).
Prior to joining Foley, Chris clerked for the Honorable A. Kathleen Tomlinson in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office.
- Won multimillion-dollar trial victory for Fortune 200 consumer products company in contract arbitration against former distributor.
- Won dismissal of business tort and breach of contract litigation in New York state court on behalf of national transportation holdings company.
- Won summary judgment of M&A lawsuit (regarding acquisition due diligence) in S.D.N.Y. on behalf of health care consulting firm.
- Won dismissal of M&A lawsuit (regarding post-closing adjustment) in D. Del. on behalf of global logistics company.
- Obtained favorable settlements of consumer class action lawsuits on behalf of a variety of global consumer products companies.
- Won summary judgment of gender discrimination lawsuit in S.D.N.Y. on behalf of national financial services firm.
- Secured favorable plea agreement and below-guidelines sentence for Hobbs Act robbery defendant in S.D.N.Y.
- Defending high-net-worth individual in connection with criminal and civil insider trading cases in D.N.J.
- Representing corporate client in connection with S.D.N.Y. public corruption investigation.
- Representing corporate client in connection with state AG investigations.
- Representing Am Law 100 law firm in rent-abatement action against commercial landlord in New York state court.