Based in the firm’s Los Angeles office, Samantha Robbins Jamali is a health care attorney, advising clients ranging from large corporations, startups, hospitals and health systems, physician’s practices, and other health care businesses as they navigate operating in a highly regulated industry. She is an associate in the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, and a member of the firm’s Health Care & Life Sciences Sector and Innovative Technology Sector.
Samantha’s experience includes advising clients on a range of regulatory and compliance issues, federal and state fraud and abuse compliance, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and cost report appeals, and state licensure issues. Samantha also has experience representing clients in a wide array of complex litigation matters in a number of areas, including antitrust, government administrative proceedings, and internal investigations.
Selected representative matters include:
- Advising health care entities on state regulatory issues including state licensure complaints, professional scope of practice issues, marketing compliance, and change of ownership.
- Represented oncology practices in their affiliation with national oncology MSOs across the country.
- Advised organization and establishment of new PACE Programs in California.
- Represented a Florida hospital health system in connection with its strategic acquisition of a neighboring health system.
- Counseling physicians and other clinician practices on the corporate practice restrictions on their professions.
- Counsels clients on fraud and abuse issues, including Federal and State anti-kickback statute and Stark Law compliance.
- Member, Healthcare Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Co-Chair of Foley’s Health Care Practice Group Associate’s Committee
- Samantha serves as an ambassador to the Breast Cancer Fundraiser, a local Southern California non-profit organization supporting women with breast cancer and raising awareness.
- Samantha represents clients seeking asylum in the United States.
- Co-chair of Foley’s Thurgood Marshall Academy Law Day Program.
Presentations and Publications
- Co-author, “California: Proposed Regulations Impacting the M&A Market in California,” Health Care Law Today (August 28, 2023)
- Co-author, “Growing Scrutiny of Private Equity in Health Care,” Health Care Law Today (March 29, 2023)
- Co-author, “What FQHCs Need to Know About Telehealth After the PHE,” Health Care Law Today (April 10, 2023)
- Co-author, “A Post Roe World: California’s response to Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health,” Health Care Law Today (August 29, 2022)
- Co-author, “Court Sides with Drug Manufacturers in Ongoing 340B Litigation,” Health Care Law Today (June 22, 2021)
- Co-author, “New HHS Board Will Hear 340B Drug Pricing Disputes,” Health Care Law Today (December 15, 2020)
- Co-author, “Settlement in Mortgage Discount Points Case Highlights Risk From Claimed Inconsistency Between Representations to Consumers and Actual Practices,” Consumer Class Defense Counsel Blog (December 18, 2017)
- Author, “A Cautionary Ruling for Website Accessibility” Aspen Corporation Service (August 1, 2017)