Whether she’s advising clients on the offensive or defensive side of intellectual property issues, Kadie Jelenchick is known for developing lean and efficient litigation strategies so clients can accomplish their goals and get back to business. A partner and an integral member of the firm’s nationally recognized Intellectual Property Practice, Kadie regularly counsels and represents consumer and industrial manufacturing clients in disputes and in all aspects of IP portfolio protection, management, and strategy. With her broad-based engineering background, she guides clients from product development through enforcement and defense of key commercial assets through litigation or other business initiatives.
Clients state that “Kadie is exceptional” and “her work stands out.” She is credited for being incredibly responsive and accessible while seamlessly representing clients in multifaceted disputes that implicate core assets. Clients in the sports, hospitality, consumer products, manufacturing, and other sectors appreciate Kadie’s practical and coordinated approaches that best achieve the desired business objective while minimizing legal spend. With her carefully planned strategies and effective management and communication skills, Kadie minimizes the disruptions to (and the drain on) the business while staying within budget and managing costs.
Kadie is co-chair of Foley’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice and a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee. For nearly a decade, Kadie was the vice chair of Foley’s National Pro Bono Committee, where she co-led firmwide strategy and attorney pro bono engagement to provide meaningful access to quality legal representation for individuals and organizations with limited means. Kadie regularly donates her time and legal services to LegalAction of Wisconsin’s Volunteer Lawyer and Eviction Defense Projects, which are directed to assisting individuals with housing struggles in the Milwaukee area.
Prior to joining Foley, Kadie was a judicial intern for the Honorable Sim Lake of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and for the Honorable Arthur J. Gajarsa of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Kadie has served as an adjunct professor at Marquette University Law School, where she has taught intellectual property litigation and compliance courses. She has lectured and presented on various topics, including intellectual property strategy, inter partes review, e-discovery, depositions, as well as alternative fee billing and ethics.
Awards and Recognition
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® (2011 – 2020)
- Lynford Lardner Community Service Award (2014) – In recognition of volunteer and civic work
- Foley’s IP Founders Award (2012) – In recognition of service to clients, colleagues, and the firm
- Christy Foote Fighter Award – Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse (2022)
- United Way’s Philanthropic 5 Award (2013)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Women in IP Law Committee – American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Professional Dimensions (network of diverse Milwaukee-area professional women)
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee
- Women’s Leadership Council
- Co-liaison for Foley’s corporate campaign
- PEARLS for Teen Girls
- Board Member
- Former Governance Chair
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Chair, Cancer Center Philanthropic Board
- Board of Trustees – Institutional Advancement Committee Member
- Former Chair and Board Member – Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse