Gjina Lucaj is a solutions-driven M&A lawyer who understands clients’ business objectives and gets deals done in a manner that aligns with them. She is a trusted advisor whom clients regularly rely on to analyze risks and rewards, and to provide sound business and legal advice.
Gjina concentrates her practice on domestic and international strategic and private equity transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, and public and private debt and equity offerings. She serves private equity-funded clients, public companies, and privately held businesses in various industries such as aerospace, manufacturing, information technology, industrial and professional service, consumer products, retail, food, and distribution, with a focus on the middle market.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital in its acquisition of Owen Family of Companies, a leading specialty equipment platform providing critical infrastructure solutions.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital in its acquisition of Appvion, a specialty and high-performance coatings company, and the subsequent addition of Nekoosa Coated Products, a leading provider of specialty engineered materials.
- Represented Meridian Health, a state-licensed HMO, pharmacy benefit manager, and third-party administrator, and its owners in the US$2.5bn sale to WellCare Health.
- Represented America’s 1st Choice and its prior owners in the sale of their Florida and South Carolina-based HMOs to Anthem.
- Represented EV Truck innovator Bollinger Motors and its owners in its majority sale to, and partnership with, Mullen Automotive, the sale being one of the largest in the EV industry to date.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital in its acquisition of Clyde Industries, a preeminent provider of highly engineered boiler efficiency systems and services for the global pulp and paper industry in North America, South America, Scandinavia, and Indonesia, from the Clyde Bergemann Group.
- Represented Novacap, one of Canada’s leading private equity firms, in its acquisition of The Accurate Group, a top-tier provider of technology-driven real estate appraisal, title data, analytics, and e-closing solutions.
- Represented Novacap and its portfolio company Bestar in the acquisition of Bush Industries, a leading American manufacturer of case goods and RTA furniture for the office and home.
- Represented Novacap in its acquisition of Static Media, an Indianapolis-based company that owns and operates a portfolio of unique and passion-driven digital media brands providing content in food, lifestyle, media, and entertainment.
- Represented LIT Litigation Services, a nationwide provider of litigation support services, and its owners in their sale to Veritext.
- Represented International Bancard, a Michigan-based Fintech company that provides full end-to-end payment acceptance solutions, and its owner in their sale to Global Payments.
- Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products, along with bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately the sale of the supplier to a public company.
- Represented a large public company and retail seller of shoes and accessories in numerous acquisitions of privately held companies within the shoe industry with both domestic and international operations.
Awards and Recognition
- Association for Corporate Growth’s M&A All Star Awards – All Star Rising Star (2019)
- Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® (2015, 2016, and 2019)