Leslie Pinney helps private investment sponsors with all aspects of fund formation, including capital raising, marketing, preparing offering documents, and drafting organizational documents. She also counsels clients on regulatory, compliance, and operational issues during both an active fund raise and the operational stage, including concerning sponsor-carried interest and management company arrangements. Leslie’s sponsor clients include established and emerging private equity, venture capital, growth equity, credit, and fund-of-funds sponsors.
Leslie’s experience includes advising institutional investors, including endowments, family offices, governmental plans, fund-of-funds, and corporations, on their private capital investment activity. She also advises private fund sponsors, buyers, and sellers in secondary transactions and works with clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, corporate governance, and public company reporting and compliance.
Leslie is a member of the Transactions Practice Group. Before joining Foley, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nancy G. Edmunds, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Before pursuing a legal career, Leslie worked in New York City as the senior management executive for Tony Nominated Broadway shows and first national tours
Presentations and Publications
- Co-author, “Proposed Amendments Schedule 13D – Part One,” Foley Insights (February 1, 2023)
- Co-author, “Proposed Amendments Schedule 13D – Part Two,” Foley Insights (February 1, 2023)
- Co-author, “The SEC Signals it is Ready to Enforce the new Marketing Rules,” Foley Insights (September 26, 2022)
- Co-author, “SEC Adopts Amendments to Proxy Voting Advice Regulations,” Foley Insights (September 13, 2022)
- Co-author, “Observations from Examinations of Private Fund Advisers,” Foley Insights (February 2, 2022)
- Co-author, “Private Equity and Hedge Funds Should Expect More SEC Scrutiny Ahead,” Foley Insights (November 17, 2021)
- Mentioned, “Foley Advises Vintage Wine Estates as VWE Goes Public in De-SPAC Merger with Bespoke Capital Acquisition Corp.,” Foley Insights (June 10, 2021)
- Mentioned, “Deal Watch: 23andMe Goes Public, Big Pharma Buys, and Even More SPACs,” The American Lawyer (February 8, 2021)
- Co-author, “SBA Loans Under the CARES Act – Updated as of May 20, 2020,” Coronavirus Resource Center: Back to Business (May 20, 2020)
- Co-author, “Managing the Commercial Impact of the Coronavirus: Small Business Administration Loan Program,” Coronavirus Resource Center: Back to Business (March 18, 2020)
- Author, “The Impact of a No-Deal Brexit Outcome,” Dashboard Insights (November 6, 2018)